Monday 4 March 2013

The Slog

Wow, we had amazing weather in Cape Town over these last few days! Saturday morning saw me at the Two Oceans Aquarium where I am busy training to be a volunteer. What an awesome place and I am meeting some great people. So much to see and learn there - did you know that a Blue Bottle (portuguese man - of - war in Australia) is not actually a single animal, but a colony of smaller animals! It is really incredible what a sea urchin looks like under a microscope... Like life I guess, perspectives are totally different depending on what it is you choose to focus on and how closely you study something.

My title is the slog - and thats where I am at in this journey at the moment. I went home early yesterday with a massive headache, which was rather frustrating as wanted to go for a run as I am doing a mini triathlon on 24 March which is World TB day. Thanks to my wonderful housemate who went out and got me some headache tablets and a chocolate. She truly is a blessing in my life.

My Kili plans are slowly fumbling along and I am trying to keep a broad perspective and not become too stressed.  There is still lots of things to organise and I am waiting for the link to TB/HIV care website so we can start with some fund raising.
Darren at Soul Adventures has been awesome, but I need to wait and see what date my climb will be based on when he can get a group of people together... So if you are reading this, and have ever had a desire to climb Kilimanjaro DO IT NOW!! Contact Soul Adventures, at this stage the two options are around the 19th September or 18th October. Don't study it too closely, just jump in there and make it happen:-).

I hope that you all have a great day and remember to zoom in and also out when you analyze life. How things are now are not how they will always be, nothing stays the same.

Please drop me a line: kileighmanjaro.vs.tb@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment